The mission of the cluster is to coordinate the strengthening of value-added R&D activities for cluster members and the relevant training and education for it, to establish infrastructure for knowledge intensive activities. To become a service cluster in order to strengthen and communicate the R&D competencies of the cluster members. To contribute in establishment of knowledge-based, high value-added economy by software industry development especially in South Great Plain Region and the area of Szeged City.
Activities of the Cluster primarily focus on business and administration (governmental) informatics and artificial intelligence solutions; software quality assurance; “SMART” informatics and Big Data applications; Application of mobile and embedded systems and Cloud computing.
- strengthens the cooperation within the cluster members more deeply (exploring new cooperation opportunities, development of new business opportunities),
- carries on joint representation activity,
- enhances software industry innovation activity especially for South Great Plain Region (establishment of new spin-off companies (from higher-education institutions, technology-intensive research centres),
- attracts the region for additional knowledge-intensive economy participants, harmonizes the university research with demand of software industry enterprises,
- develops the targeted human resources, implement trainings and education programs related to joint developments,
- develops competitive technologies, products and services by joint and coordinated developments of members,
- collaborates of joint R&D projects of cluster members,
- supports the national and international business utilization of R&D results in the field of software development,
- increases the turnover and export share of software industry SMEs,
- organising national and international networking events, meetups,
- contributes in establishment of knowledge-based, high value-added economy by software industry development especially in South Great Plain Region and the area of Szeged City.